Keto Diet & Health Benefits
The keto diet came in like a storm and doesn’t appear to be fading away anytime soon. Why? Because it works, and the results are astounding.
It’s no secret that the keto diet helps you lose weight, and quickly. That’s one of the main reasons why people are excited so to try the high-fat, low-carb lifestyle. But the keto diet benefits far more than just your waistline.
Cutting the carbs and eating healthy fats is also good for your brain and your heart as well. Read on to discover more about the benefits of the keto diet and how it can upgrade your overall health, starting today.
Benefit #1: Sustained Weightloss
Keto can help you obtain (and maintain!) a healthy weight
The keto diet involves drastically reducing carbohydrate intake and replacing it with fat. This reduction in carbs puts your body into a metabolic state called ketosis.
When this happens, your body becomes incredibly efficient at burning fat for energy. It also turns fat into ketones in the liver, which can supply energy for the brain.
Keto changes the way your body fuels itself. When you limit carbs, your body starts to burn fat, rather than glucose, for energy. You go into ketosis — when your liver converts fatty acids into molecules called ketones, an alternative source of fuel.
Following the keto diet is excellent for losing fat and keeping it off. The great part about keto is that it’s pretty tasty and indulgent, so you don’t feel deprived while dieting. Studies find that the long-term success rate of keto compared to low-fat diets are more successful.
For example, a meta-analysis of 13 randomized controlled trials concluded that:
“Individuals assigned to a VLCKD [very low carbohydrate ketogenic diet] achieve a greater weight loss than those assigned to an LFD [low-fat diet] in the long term; hence, a VLCKD may be an alternative tool against obesity.”
What’s more, randomized controlled trials found that the keto diet produces up to three times as much weight loss as a high-carb, low-fat diet.[2-3]
Tackles Stubborn Belly Fat
A large percentage of the fat lost on keto diets tends to be harmful belly fat we’ve heard so much about. Abdominal fat is known to cause serious metabolic problems and health issues, so getting rid of that quickly is key to becoming healthier.
The ketogenic diet is an effective weight loss diet that’s well-supported by evidence. It is very filling and usually does not require calorie counting.
In other words, if you want to lean down but are sick and tired of failing your weight loss attempts, the keto diet may be the key to a slim figure.
Benefit #2: Brain Health
The keto diet boosts brain function
Your brain needs glucose, as some parts of it can only burn this type of sugar. That’s why your liver produces glucose from protein if you don’t eat any carbs. Yet, a large part of your brain can also burn ketones, which are formed during starvation or when carb intake is very low.
This production of ketones is the mechanism behind the ketogenic diet. When going keto, most people experience an improvement in their brain function and mental clarity.[4-5]
Keto supports your brain in various ways and for various reasons. A major reason is that ketosis enhances mitochondrial functioning. 
Researchers believe ketosis stimulates the formation of new mitochondria in your brain, especially in your hippocampus.  This aids your mental clarity, memory, and energy levels.
Ketosis can be therapeutic for various neurological diseases
Benefit #3: Diabetes
The keto diet can help manage or even reverse diabetes
Many studies show minimizing carb intake benefits people with diabetes. In fact, the keto diet was the standard diabetes treatment before the discovery of injectable insulin. [8-9]
Research published in Annals of Internal Medicine found that when type 2 diabetics went low-carb for two weeks, they improved insulin sensitivity by up to 75%. 
Another study involving 21 individuals with type 2 diabetes found that seven of them could stop their diabetes medication within 16 weeks of going keto. 
The best way to lower blood sugar and insulin levels is to reduce carb consumption, which may treat and possibly even reverse type 2 diabetes.
Benefit #4: Heart Health
The keto diet reduces heart disease risk
While saturated fat and cholesterol are often alleged to clog arteries, these compounds do not cause heart disease. [12-14] That’s great news for keto dieters because this eating style loads up on high-fat foods such as eggs, nuts, avocados and meats.
In fact, the keto diet reduces heart disease risk for four main reasons.
The keto diet:
• Stimulates weight loss
• Elevates levels of the “good” HDL cholesterol
• Decreases blood triglycerides levels
• Reduces blood pressure [15-18]
Healthy low-carb diets effectively reverse all five key symptoms of metabolic syndrome, a serious condition which increases your risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes. The keto diet is high in fat, which leads to an impressive increase in blood levels of “good” HDL cholesterol.
Benefit #5: Mental Health
The keto diet boosts mental well-being
Various mental disorders and conditions benefit from ketosis. For example, research shows the keto diet:
• Has an antidepressant effect
• Improves the behavior of children with autism
• May stabilize mood in bipolar disorder patients
• Has cured one case of schizophrenia [19-22]
Benefit #6: Cancer Prevention
Eating a keto diet may prevent and fight some types of cancer
Most cancer cells rely on glucose as fuel, which is why keto diets may help prevent and fight the disease.
For instance, when in-vitro cancer cells only receive ketones and fat for energy, they often die.  Plus, various studies show the keto diet helps fight brain cancer. [28-29]
A ketogenic diet can lower blood sugar levels. This may help reduce tumor growth and even starve cancer cells of energy.
Beyond lowering blood sugar, a ketogenic diet may also help treat cancer via other channels, such as lowering calories, reducing insulin and increasing ketones.
Benefit #7: Overall Gut Health
Maintaining a keto diet can improve gut health and bowel disorders
Many bowel diseases are the result of gut pathogens and infections, both of which rely on glucose for energy. By minimizing your carb intake, you stave off these infections and pathogens. That’s how going keto diet can improve gut health and treat bowel disease.
Eating a ketogenic diet means that you’re cutting out several of the things (like sugar and processed foods) that feed undesirable bacteria. This naturally gives your good bacteri an advantage, letting them stay in the majority and colonize your gut. Additionally, eating keto means also means avoid foods that can damage your intestinal lining, like grains and beans. The gluten and phytic acid they contain are really hard on your gut lining, making it hard for that good bacteria to flourish. Eating keto deals with that issue before it starts.
All those good fats you’re getting on the keto diet can also be incredibly beneficial to your gut microbiome, since healthy fats are good sources of omega-3s—and omega-3s are not only highly correlated with microbial diversity, but they also help beneficial bacteria adhere to your intestinal lining, helping them to outnumber the “bad” bacterias.
Impressive, don’t you agree? Not only can a keto diet help you look and feel better, the additional health benefits are astounding.
Few things are as well established in nutrition science as the immense health benefits of low-carb and ketogenic diets.
Not only can a ketogenic diet improve your cholesterol, blood pressure and blood sugar, but they also reduce your appetite, boost weight loss and lower your triglycerides. The health benefits are incredible, and worth the effort.
If you’re looking to lose fat and keep it off then you have to try this brand new custom keto meal plan.
How to Follow a Keto Diet:
- Eliminate carbs: Read nutrition labels, and aim for 30 grams of carbs or fewer per day.
- Eat your veggies: Fat sources are high in calories, so base each meal on low-carb veggies to fill your plate and help keep you feeling full.
- Build a plan: It can be hard to find low-carb meals for when you’re on the go. As with any diet, it is important to have a plan and go-to snacks or meals.
- Experiment: The best part about keto diet is that it can be interesting and tasty! There are tons of delicious keto recipes out there.
- Replace minerals: Ketosis changes your fluid and mineral balance. For this reason, salt your food and maybe take electrolytes or magnesium.
- Try supplements: To boost the ketogenic process, you can take ketone supplements, MCT oil (5–10 grams twice a day) or use coconut oil regularly.
- Be consistent: There is no shortcut to success. As with anything, consistency is the most important factor.
You may also wish to monitor ketone levels in either urine or blood, since these let you know whether you are keeping carb levels down sufficiently to achieve ketosis.
My Keto Journey
The Keto Diet and subsequent lifestyle changes have been truly remarkable. I have more energy, feel great in my own skin, don’t feel deprived and I’m proud of myself for sticking with it and achieving my goals.
I found success by starting with a customized 8 week plan that was 100% life changing. I lost 10 pounds in my first week and hit my weight loss goal of losing 40 pounds in just over 6 months! The best part was that I’ve been able to keep it off.
If you’re interested in starting your own keto weight loss journey, for $1 you can get a 7-day trial here
Custom Keto Diet
Not sure how to get started? Knowing what to buy and eat to attain these amazing benefits can be overwhelming.
I chose the Custom Keto Diet to give myself the best chance of succeeding, and make it easy for me. Their custom meal plan service is designed to help busy people like us turn their lives around and take charge of our health.
The Custom Keto Diet allows you to create your very own keto diet plan based on your food preferences, daily activity levels, height, weight and target weight goals.
They use scientific research and proven studies to create personalized (and delicious!) ketogenic diet plans that maximize fat burning via the correct calories and macronutrients for each individual.
With Custom Keto Diet you get:
- An eight-week meal plan created based on the expertise of certified nutritionists, personal trainers, and chefs. These meals that are based on your personal food preferences to make your diet enjoyable and help you stay on track with your plan.
- A nutrition plan with food variety to ensure they will get a wide range of nutrients and boost the likelihood of sticking to your diet, as well as meals that have calorie and macro-nutrient content tailored to your specific situation and goals.
- Detailed recipes with step-by-step instructions to make meal preparation super simple (no prior cooking experience needed.)
- A downloadable shopping list each week that details every needed ingredient you will need in the upcoming seven days.
- We’ll show you exactly what to eat every day to reach your goals in the fastest and most enjoyable way.
Since launching in January 2019, thousands of Custom Keto Diet clients have already transformed their figure and health with the benefits a proper keto diet can offer.
If you’re ready to reap the benefits and start your new healthier lifestyle today, click the link to get started for only $1. Remember that you’re covered by their 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Boost your Success & Simplify your Life
Custom Keto Diet makes weight loss simple. If, for any reason or no reason at all, you’re not delighted with your custom meal plans, you’ll get a full and immediate refund.
In other words, by claiming your custom meal plan today, you have nothing to lose and a lot to gain (except for fat!)
So, if you want to enhance your health and figure while eating tasty meals you’ll look forward to, click here to get your Custom Keto Meal Plan.
Take the Quiz to Get Started
This quick 2 minute quiz is the first step to successfully starting Keto.
Personalize your plan with your body type, likes and dislikes.
We’ll show you exactly what you need to eat.
For more information on the Custom Keto Diet:
1. Br J Nutr. 2013 Oct;110(7):1178-87.
2. J Pediatr. 2003 Mar;142(3):253-8.
3. N Engl J Med. 2003 May 22;348(21):2074-81.
4. Appetite. 2009 Feb;52(1):96-103.
5. Neurobiol Aging. 2012 Feb;33(2):425.e19-27.
6. J Child Neurol. 2013 Aug; 28(8): 1027–1033.
7. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009 Mar;1790(3):208-12.
8. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2008 Dec 19;5:36.
9. Nutrition. 2015 Jan;31(1):1-13.
10. Ann Intern Med. 2005 Mar 15;142(6):403-11.
11. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2005; 2: 34.
12. Am J Clin Nutr. 2010 Mar;91(3):535-46.
13. Am J Clin Nutr. 2015 Aug;102(2):276-94.
14. Ann Intern Med. 2014 Mar 18;160(6):398-406.
15. Arch Intern Med. 2004 Oct 25;164(19):2141-6.
16. J Nutr. 2006 Feb;136(2):384-9.
17. N Engl J Med. 2003 May 22;348(21):2082-90.
18. Am J Clin Nutr. 2009 Jul;90(1):23-32
19. Biol Psychiatry. 2004 Dec 15;56(12):981-3.
20. Pediatr Neurol. 2009 Aug;41(2):111-3.
21. J Child Neurol. 2003 Feb;18(2):113-8.
21. Med Hypotheses. 2001 Dec;57(6):724-6.
22. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2009 Feb 26;6:10.
23. BMC Neurosci. 2006 Apr 3;7:29.
24. Brain Res. 2009 Aug 25;1286:25-31.
25. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2009 Aug 10;6:31.
26. Lancet Neurol. 2004 Jul;3(7):415-20.
27. Carcinogenesis. 2014 Mar; 35(3): 515–527.
28. J Cancer Res Ther. 2009 Sep;5 Suppl 1:S7-15.
29. J Am Coll Nutr. 1995 Apr;14(2):202-8.
30. Bentley-Hewitt, K. L., Guzman, C. E., Ansell, J., Mandimika, T., Narbad, A., & Lund, E. K. (2015). How fish oils could support our friendly bacteria. Lipid Technology, 27(8), 179-182.
31. Menni, C., Zierer, J., Pallister, T., Jackson, M.A., Long, T. . . . Valdes, A.M. (2017). Omega-3 Fatty Acids Correlate with Gut Microbiome Diversity and Production of N-carbamylglutamate in Middle Aged and Elderly women. Scientific Reports.
The information contained on Goldilocks Effect is intended for informational and educational purposes only, and statements made on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA. Any information or products discussed are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat or prevent any disease or illness. Please consult a healthcare practitioner before making lifestyle changes that may interfere with medications.
We are a participant in the ClickBank Affiliate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to affiliated sites such as Custom Keto Diet.
At Goldilock’s Effect we only ever promote products that we believe in, and always try to give you the most accurate information to help you find your “just right” fit.